After years of trying various recipes with many different ingredients, we’ve finally come up with [what we believe] is the perfect guacamole recipe 😋 🥑
𝕋𝕁𝔽𝕁 𝕋𝕚𝕡: We add a not-so-secret ingredient*, so if you’re a Trader Joe’s fan and you have it on hand, we highly recommend including it [linked in the recipe below].
These ingredients are pretty easy to pack for a camping trip, so we hope you give this recipe a try and let us know what you think in the comment section below!
- 3 ripe avocadoes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lime [cut in quarters]
- 1/2 cup diced onion [preferably red]
- 2 diced Roma tomatoes [or whatever kind you have on hand]
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- *1 teaspoon Citrusy Garlic Seasoning
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados — we like a smooth texture with some chunks remaining.
- Squeeze in three of the four lime quarters. Mix in garlic, salt, pepper, and citrusy garlic seasoning.
- Gently add in the onion, cilantro, and tomatoes.
- Once mixed, squeeze and evenly spread the remaining lime juice on top of the guac to prevent browning.
- Refrigerate one hour for the best flavor, but it can also be served immediately.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, refried beans, or add to tacos, salad, or whatever you like!